StemoniX microBrain 3D is a high-throughput model designed to aid researchers with drug discovery and toxicology.
- Available in both 96 well and 384 well formats.
- The format of microBrain 3D better recapitulates the complex three dimensional structure found in the human cerebral cortex.
- Benefiting from human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology, microBrain 3D offers significant benefits in lot-to-lot variation and ethical constraints compared to primary cell types.
- Harboring a co-culture of neurons and astrocytes, microBrain 3D utilizes the complex interactions between different cell types, and sub-types, to allow for an accurate representation of human cerebral cortical tissue.
- The microBrain 3D cortical spheroids are highly homogenous in size and composition. Derived from a single human donor, the iPSC-derived neural cells in the spheroid develop naturally during the course of differentiation.